Like Butter Wouldn't Melt
Garlic & Herb Cashew Cream Cheese
I like to make a batch of this at the start of the week and then it's there in the fridge to grab and go! Shop bought vegan cheese is often expensive, full of nasties and let's be honest, not that tasty. The solution is this delicious cashew cream cheese!
Tip: Whilst this recipe is extremely easy, it is also quite time consuming overall due to the soaking and roasting process, so make sure to plan 1 day ahead for this one!
1 head of garlic
2tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
Bunch of fresh herbs
1. Pour the cashews into a bowl and submerge them in water. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge overnight to soak.
2. The following day, begin by roasting a head of garlic. Slice off the top, then place on a sheet of tin foil and drizzle with some olive oil and a pinch of salt.
3. Wrap the garlic loosely in the foil and roast at 180°C for 45 minutes.
4. Remove the cashews from the fridge and drain them.
5. Add the cashews, garlic, water, juice of 1 lemon, nutritional yeast and salt to a food processor.
6. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides every couple of minutes.
7. Chop up your desired herbs - I like to use a mix of chives and coriander but you can choose whichever you'd like.
8. Mix the herbs through the cheese, then transfer it into a tub, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before eating.
This cashew cream cheese will stay fresh for up to a week in the fridge. I like mine on a bagel!
Watch my YouTube video for Cashew Cream Cheese: